Saturday, January 7, 2012

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Today's reading covers Genesis 18 and 19.  It begins with Abraham being visited by God and two angels.  He is given the news that in a year's time he will have a son with his wife Sarah.  I think it is interesting to compare the laughter of Abraham in yesterday's passage, and the laughter of Sarah in today's passage.  Again, I see the importance of attitude in pleasing God. 
The story of Sodom and Gomorrah is always chilling because of the level of evil taking place there.  I have heard people use the dialogue between God and Abraham over the saving of these two cities as an argument for being able to change God's mind.  It seems to me that God's purpose for allowing the discussion was to allow Abraham to finally "get it" just how evil they were.  God's decision had already been made.

1 comment:

  1. This is going to get confusing to me... I'm doing the chronological schedule and I'm reading in Job now... I'm also not sure why it says I'll comment as "unknown (Google)" when I'm "signed in" as Karen...

    ReplyDelete