Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Today's selections from Leviticus and Deuteronomy mark the end of the listing of laws.  This year's reading of these selections has been much more clear and meaningful for me because I needed to comment each day in this blog.  God has really blessed me by allowing me to do this.  I always knew I needed to go deeper and journal, or something.  This is the something.  If it benefits others as well, praise God!  But it certainly has blessed me.

Today God stresses the necessity of reading and knowing the laws.  A specific time for national reading of the laws is set during the Feast of Tabernacles, at the end of every 7 years. http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Holidays/Fall_Holidays/Sukkot/sukkot.html

God instructs the Israelites to ". . .listen and learn to fear the Lord your God. . . "  Advice we should all take seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment